Home Hacker
Simple hacking to make your life easier!
-------------------------------------------
If you like what you see please
subscribe!!!
-------------------------------------------

Review of Ubuntu 8.04

Category: , , , Written by Andrew

Yes, I installed Xubuntu 8.04 on my computer. Why Xubuntu? Well, my computer is one and a half years old and Xubuntu is fast (because its meant for old computers) and i like the interface.


I have tried Ubuntu 7.04 before and hated it. My wireless wouldn't connect and i couldn't write to my Windows partition. From then i thought Ubuntu wasn't that great. I was bored about a month ago and went to Wubi. Realizing that it is officially supported i decided to try 8.04 out.
I was IMPRESSED! With the new NTFS-3g you can read and write to NTFS partitions! I loved it so much i used lvmp to move it to a partition. I fix my wireless problems too. I have a BCM43xx wireless card. (That's my next post). The only problem was that I held the power button and the computer shut off. On the next boot up Ubuntu failed and went to Bash. I just reinstalled it. I fixed my problems by moving it to a dedicated partition.

Hope I helped,
Andrew <--- yes i'm back B)

 

2 comments so far.

  1. aatiis May 17, 2008 at 5:07 AM
    I like the KDE4 Kubuntu Hardy :)
  2. Anonymous May 18, 2008 at 4:03 AM
    I'm gonna try this out when I got the time:>


    Lifesigns Life Quotes

Something to say?